15 April 2010

4-18-2010

Blogging - 


I do not like blogging, I never have. I find blogging to be a little ridiculous majority of the time.  Don't get me wrong, it is a great idea for people all around the world to view your blog.  However, how many people really search blogs sites for people half way across the world.  I don't and I'm pretty sure half the people in my classes don't either.  So back to why I prefer not to blog; I usually do not think that I have anything of that much importance to say to people I do not know or why they would want to know what is going on it my life.  
I have had to blog for other classes along with EDM 310 and my feelings towards blogging still have not changed.  I would much rather do something else than blog.  Hypothetically speaking I did enjoy blogging, I would not be discussing my views on technology, what technology I might be using as a teacher (honestly, I don't know until I reach that part of my life), early pioneers and so forth.  I'm sure whoever you are reading this that you might be wondering what I would be blogging about.  Honestly, I am not too sure, but I do know that it would not be about the above topics.  Maybe about some of the music I like, my tattoos and future tattoo ideas, taco bell, things I do with my friends..... 
 As you can tell by know and by my choice of words that I am not the hugest fan of blogging. Any ideas that you think could change my mind?  I'm all ears (or eyes).

4 comments:

  1. I am not a big fan of blogging either, but I do enjoy reading what other people have to say. I can agree with you when you say, "I usually do not think that I have anything of that much importance to say to people I do not know or why they would want to know what is going on it my life." I don't think it is about having something important to say, I just think it is about stating your opinion and being able to see things a different way. Like you, if I was to blog outside of class it wouldn't be about the stuff that we are assigned to do. I do not really have any ideas that could change your mind, but I like how you were honest about not liking to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penelope,
    I understand completely where you are coming from that you don't like blogging. At first I wasn't a fan of it, but now I have learned to use so much and how to "spread" the word of different ideas and tools to the world. I looked online over the weekend searching for topics and a lot of the Google searches that appeared were blogs! Everyone is different, especially when it comes to blogging. Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penelope,
    I love that you are being so honest and voicing your opinion. I feel like this is one reason why blogs are helpful or just plain interesting. We all think so differently and I love to learn about how other people think and operate. Also, I think it is great that you are open to listening to other peoples opinions or ideas other than your own. In my own life I have really enjoyed blogging. I have tons of friends and family that blog and it just a good way to keep up with what is going on in their lives. When people start blogging I feel like their true feelings come out in their writing and so you get to really know a part of people you may not have known before. Thanks for your honest thoughts on blogging. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What could change your mind? An interesting question. Maybe an event that results from blogging that really moves you. Maybe even changes your life. That is what happened to me. I have blogged for almost five years and have had my students blog since the Fall 2005 semester. But I never took it seriously, and never commented or had my students comment on blogs until Spring 2009. That was when one of my students found Mr. Chamberlain's 5th Grade Blog. She left her comment on her blog. Mr. B got a Google alert message, found her blog and left a message. I read his comment when I checked her blog. I emailed him when I posted his comment in the class blog for all to see. His message was: Comments are important. He emailed me back and challenged me to participate in comments4kids and to Twitter. I resisted. Finally I tried Twitter.

    You may not believe this but it is absolutely true: My life, and my approach to teaching and to EDM310, were changed as a result of this event resulting from blogging.

    When your life is changed as result of blogging, you will think very differently about blogs and blogging. So keep blogging. It will happen to you!

    And don't tell me I am unique. I will guarantee you that at least 10% of the students in EDM310 this semester have had their lives changed in some way by their blogging. If fact, the list is quite long in Class B.

    So keep on blogging. And let me know when your life is changed though blogging. In your About Me paragraph you describe yourself as a "college student trying to get by." Don't settle for that. Reach for the stars instead. If you do, and work hard enough, and have the self confidence necessary to meet your goals, you will attain your goals. And you can probably get a ride on Jamie Lynn's Unicorn to boot!

    ReplyDelete