28 February 2010

2-28-2010

Comments4Kids -

This week I had a little girl named Isabella from Mrs. Kolbert's class. She was running to be the representative for her class. She listed a few good reasons for why she should be elected. I hope everything went well for her.

Here is her blog-
Isabella's Posts

Richard E. Miller: This is how we dream -

During the video I realized that a lot of our research is through the web today. Many books are becoming available through the internet. The information that is available to us can be found in text, voice threads, or videos. The information is usually updated frequently. iTunes U is used by many college students and teachers to help find information and to hear missed lectures. One of the things that Mr. Miller mentioned that idea's belong to us as a culture and we need to share our idea's as teachers. Also, we place limitations and restrictions on ourselves and we need to be inspired teachers.



Wendy Drexler -

This presentation show us why we, networked students, need teachers. We need them to show us how to build our networks on the internet. They offer guidance when needed, they can show us how to communicate correctly and how to ask to correct questions. Teachers can show networked students to recognize the difference between good and bad information. More so, teachers help us stay organized.

Michael Wesch -

In this video Mr. Wesch pointed out that the majority of conversations are focused around television. For example, the use of the word “meh” became popular because of the T.V. show Melrose Place. Also, the word “whatever” has several meanings. One, is the “whatever- what you said,” another is “whatever- I'll do what I want.” How these meanings keep changing? Every generation chooses a different way to explain it. Our generation is more disengaged leaning towards conceded; not everyone, but a lot of people are this way.
Video's posted on the way are posted by people who are not talking to anyone in particular just a webcam. They are talking to something not someone. It might be easier this was because of the embarrassment or issues that people have to talk to and object and not a real person. Whatever works for them, go for it. We also do not who or when our videos are going to be viewed. Someone in Norway could watch a video post that morning from someone here in Alabama at 3:38am their time. Some people use videos are confessions, I suggest being careful on what is said.

Personal Learning Network -

I decided to make my Personal Learning Network on Twitter. All I had to do was follow their directions and sign up. Mainly, I have tried to add people from my classes. Although, I do have a few friends on there, but many use Facebook. So far, I like to think that everything is going well.

2 comments:

  1. Here are some more suggestions for developing your PLN:
    Beth Still suggests this Instant PLN to create a list of teachers to follow. Also you should read this NY Times article Getting the Most Out of Twitter

    And be sure you look at David and Jacki's new blog Mathis Gorski EDM310 Projects

    You also cannot afford to miss Jackie's own personal account of her PLN development The Evolution of My PLN - Initial Post

    It does take time! That's why I had to get you started NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. I agree with you when you say that you never know who is going to watch, or read for that matter, what you are posting on the internet. I think out of all the video's I enjoyed, This Is How We Dream the most. I loved how creative it was, yet it was so simple and to the point when it came to talking about technology.

    ReplyDelete