09 March 2010

3-7-2010

Comments4kids -

This is Henry and he wrote some poetry about pandas. It is a very cute and funny poem. I really enjoyed reading it because I read it repeatably. Henry's Blog Post






Randy Pausch’s Last Lecture - Achieving your childhood dreams


 By far this is the best video I have watched for this class.  Randy Pausch made it so very interesting to want to keep watching. 
The video was about his childhood dreams, enabling the dreams of others, and the lessons learned.  One of the things mentioned is something that everyone should know already- "don't lose sight of your inspirations."  Not everyone, but some people do lose sight of the things that help them to achieve their goals in life.  One of the quotes the Randy Pausch used was "experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."  True.... we do not always get what we want.  However, there is always some great experience behind them.  Sometimes we even use these experiences to our advantage. 
Randy Pausch also says that we need brick walls.  These so-called brick walls help show us our dedication to our dreams.  He also mentions the term "head-fake," which is making someone think that they are learning something else.  This happens all day and everyday to millions of people. I know that it has happened to me plenty of times.  I give many kudos to this video, it was by far the best one. 








3 comments:

  1. Penelope, I couldn't agree with you more about Mr. Pausch video being so very interesting. He truly is a very gifted speaker. I usually lose interest very quickly, especially when it comes to lecture, but I didn't at all with this video. His ability to capture his audience and keep them engaged is outstanding. His outlook on dreams and life is also very inspirational! I'm glad you enjoyed the video as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powerful, wasn't it!

    Great picture of the panda as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that it was the best video that we have watched by far!!! I love hearing everything he had to say about dreams. We all have dreams, so it was very inspirational. I like what you said about Randy saying this "don't lose sight of your inspirations." You are right. It is important for all of us not to lose sight of our inspirations. Inspirations are what keep us going in life. Without those, where would we be? Great Blog!!

    ReplyDelete