11 March 2010

3-12-2010

Alabama Learning Exchange (ALEX) –

This website is amazing. It has many different items that you can click on to help you when you are teaching. For example, if you needed some help creating a lesson plan for your third grade science class you can go to the left hand side of the page and click on “lesson plans” and then click on the ALEX lesson plans, select the correct items needed for your search. After the search in completed there will be numerous lesson plans for you to choose from. If you do not want to find a lesson plan that has already been created you can make your own. Not only are there lesson plans, but there are also podcasts, web links for teachers and students, professional learning and personal workplace.
I would definitely recommend this website to other teachers and students that did not know about it. As a future teacher I now plan on getting great use from this website. There are so many different features that could help me out for when I am in a jam with my class.

Alabama Connecting Classroom, Educators and Students Statewide (ACCESS) –

This website contains useful information for high school students and teachers. There are plenty of test preparations for AP classes and graduation examinations, advance placement tests, and whether or not a text will be required for class. Not only does it have test guides, but also chemistry help. There is so much more on this site that can be utilized.
I do like the site. Even though I am not planning on teacher high school students, if I was then I would use this site to help them if I am not explaining something that they can understand; for example, chemistry. I would also inform teachers and students about using this site and the many ways that it can be helpful in the long run.

2 comments:

  1. I posted in my blog that you and I had to research a similar type site for our podcast assignment and that we both agreed it was very useful. I also said I bet Penelope found this site (ALEX) useful as well. I was right. I, too, think it is a wonderful tool for teachers. I look forward to using it my teaching career. I can't believe how much information is available free for teachers. It is encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cool website. I am going to save this site for future use in pre-sequence. I hear some of our assignments will be to generate lesson plans, so thanks, Jennifer C.

    ReplyDelete